Have a great time trying out this easy and delicious Tuna Salad!
If you liked my recipe, you might also like my simple recipe for German meatballs – Frikadellen
PS: Don’t want to miss out on any of my recipes? Then follow me on Pinterest or Instagram ❣
Did you like my recipe?
If you liked my recipe, if you have questions or helpful tips regarding the recipe, please leave me a comment below and rate the recipe with stars
Did you make this recipe?
Then please tag me on Instagram @feelgoodchef and use the hashtag #feelgoodchef
This recipe first appeared on my German food blog, instakoch.de.
If you’re interested in the German version, head over to https://instakoch.de/thunfischsalat-einfaches-und-gesundes-rezept/
Easy Tuna Salad
- 2 Cans of tuna in its own juice. Each 150g drained weight.
- 1 red onion
- 1 spring onion
- ½ Green bell pepper
- ½ Yellow bell pepper
- ⅓ Cucumber
- 1 stick of celery
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1 cup mayonnaise Tip: Substitute half with Greek yogurt for an even lighter salad.
- 1 tsp medium hot mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt Or to taste.
- ½ tsp black pepper Or to taste.
- Open the tuna cans and let the juice drain.
- Clean the vegetables and cut the spring onion crosswise into fine rings.
- Core the peppers, cut them into strips and then dice them finely.
- First cut the celery in half, then cut lengthwise into fine strips and then dice crosswise.
- Peel the cucumber, then cut it in half and scrape out the seeds with a small spoon. Then cut lengthwise into strips and dice crosswise.
- Peel the garlic clove and either press or chop it finely.
- Peel the eggs and dice them finely.
Assemble the salad:
- Place all ingredients together with the mayonnaise and 1 tsp. medium hot mustard in a large salad bowl.
- Season with salt, black pepper, lemon juice and sugar.
- Mix everything well and if necessary season again with salt and black pepper.