Have a great time trying out this easy and delicious Classic Macaroni Salad.
If you liked this recipe, you might also like my Easy Tuna Salad
PS: Don’t want to miss out on any of my recipes? Then follow me on Pinterest or Instagram ❣
Did you like my recipe?
If you liked my recipe, if you have questions or helpful tips regarding the recipe, please leave a comment below and rate the recipe with stars 🙂
Did you make this recipe?
Then please tag me on Instagram @feelgoodchef and use the hashtag #feelgoodchef 🙂
This recipe first appeared on my German food blog instakoch.de.
If you’re interested in the German version, head over to instakoch.de/klassischer-nudelsalat-einfaches-rezept/
The BEST Classic Macaroni Salad
For the pasta salad:
- ½ lb macaroni elbow pasta
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 Spring onion
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes Optional
- 4 pickled Gherkins
For the salad dressing:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon mustard medium hot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- A dash of lemon juice
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Then drain the noodles in a sieve and rinse under cold water to prevent further cooking. Set aside and let drain completely.
- Boil the eggs and cool them with cold water.
- Then peel and dice the eggs.
- Tip: It is best to leave the eggs in a pot of cold water for a few minutes, then they will get cold very quickly.
- Peel, halve and finely dice both types of onions.
- Wash the spring onion, then cut off the ends and cut crosswise into fine rings.
- Peel and grate the carrot.
- Rinse the radishes, cut off the ends and cut into thin slices.
- Finely dice the pickles.
- Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes.
For the dressing:
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and season to taste.
- Place noodles in a large salad bowl.
- Add the chopped vegetables and the sausage.
- Pour over the dressing and combine.
- Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.